At the start of the 2000s, during the early days of the internet, golf clubs throughout the UK and Ireland started to contact Club Systems International, the largest supplier of Golf Club administration software in Europe, requesting ways for their more 'tech savvy' members to check competition results and handicaps.
After investigating FTP uploads and PDF score sheets, it was decided that the best way for everyone to link to this data, was a dedicated website. The idea of HowDidiDo was born.
In 2003 the site was launched and over the next two decades the site grew from strength to strength. Within a few years it was one of the most visited golf websites in the Great Britain and Ireland, and now it has become the biggest network of online golfers anywhere in the world.
In 2016 a new responsive more social focus site was launched together with an Android and iPhone app.
- Results - Stay up-to-date with the latest competition results. We will bring you the latest news and stats and integrate them into your timeline so you can view all the data in just a few clicks.
- Statistics - Use statistics to track strengths and weaknesses in your game. With HowDidiDo, you can monitor your performance and compare yourself against other registered players.
- Friends - Socialise and connect with your friends using HowDidiDo! Use our timeline to interact with other players and be notified of your friends' updates.
- My Clubs - We can link your account to multiple clubs and you will be able to track all your stats across the board. Let us do the hard work for you.
- Responsive Design - Access HowDidiDo anywhere and from any internet-enabled device. Whether you are browsing on a desktop PC, tablet, or a mobile phone, the website will change itself to fit your display.
- Sponsor Competitions - Exclusive access for HowDidiDo golfers to the free to enter Titleist Order of Merit, Ping Pairs and Staysure Seniors.